|Demonstrating our environmental or conscientiousness, customers, consumer, environmental and minority non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local and national governments, regulators, trade associations, academia, neighbors and shareholders are increasingly demanding environmentally responsible products and services. They expect companies to comply with environmental standards and demonstrate their commitment to the environment in daily operations. Clients want proof of this commitment, and it is an opportunity for companies to leverage their sincere environmental actions.
What is ISO 14001:2004 Certification?
The ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems (EMS) certification enables an organization to demonstrate its commitment to the environment. The standard provides guidance on how to manage the environmental aspects of your business activities more effectively, while taking into consideration environmental protection, pollution prevention and socio-economic needs.
It also assists you to ensure compliance with environmental legislation and reduces the risk of penalties and possible litigation. Demonstrating commitment to the environment can transform your corporate culture externally by opening up new business opportunities with environmentally aware customers or clients. Internally, it can improve employee ethics and the workplace. ISO 14001:2004 compliance can also provide your company with a better use of energy and resources, and reduce costs over time.
Aster's Commitment to the Environment
Aster has established the Environmental management system that meets the international standard ISO 14001:2004 for Tower Manufacturing Facilities and Galvanization Plant in Hyderabad and at other manufacturing facilities and business units to minimize harmful effects on the environment caused by its activities, achieve continual improvement of its environmental performance, protect and maintain the environment, health and safety of our employees, customers, and members of our local communities.
- Certifying the Environmental Management Systems help the organization, develop and improve performance. The ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System enables us to demonstrate high levels of environmental compliance when bidding for international contracts or expanding locally to accommodate new business
- Regular assessment performed by SGS helps to continually use, monitor and improve the environmental management systems and the related processes. This improves the reliability of our internal operations to meet customer requirements and overall performance. We also gain a significant improvement in staff motivation, commitment and understanding of their responsibility
Environmental Management Programs
Aster undertakes specific Environmental Management program objectives to continually improve its commitment towards environment. These objectives are:
- Identify and control activities and products and services based on their environmental impact
- Continually improve activities and products or services performance
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives
ISO 14001:2004 is a tool to:
- Demonstrate that the internal environmental objectives have been achieved
- Provide assurance to management that it is in control of the organizational processes and activities that impact environment
- Assure employees that they are working for an environmentally responsible organization
- Provide assurance on environmental issues to external stakeholders – such as customers, the community and regulatory agencies
- Comply with environmental regulations
- Support the organization's claims and communication about its own environmental policies, plans and actions
- Provide a framework for demonstrating conformity via suppliers' declarations of conformity, assessment of conformity by an external stakeholder - such as a business client - and for certification of conformity by an independent certification body
Aster complies with the local norms of all Regulatory Bodies and Pollution Control Boards and has invested in installation of sophisticated pollution control equipments and facilities.
Aster assures through its ISO 14001:2004 Certifications, its commitment towards Customer satisfaction by continually improving its performance.